WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2015 7:37 am  #1

WizAnn Points 4.0.1

Hi everyone,

This version has a lot of new things, I will detail them in this post.

1. A login system has been created, its main purpose is to help with things like backups and product purchases, please create a login using your current email address, other things in the pipeline for this part of the system is that errors will be logged live onto the server so I get the error logs in realtime so can fix your issues quicker, this will supersede the emailing of the logs from the maintenance page.

2. Things like the points files will now be delivered via the server to the app, this will result in much much quicker delivery times for you for the points sheets, the current system uses emails which builds a queue of emails, this works great if your at the front of the list, but if your at the back then the wait time can be quite long. Without going into too much detail, the sheet file is uploaded to the server and it is delivered on demand to you so it is a first come first served system, so this improves delivery times hugely. It will take us time to implement it as all accounts need to be uploaded to the server. 

3. You will be able to see what purchases you have made for which devices within the app, things like seeing when your points subscription ends will now be visible in the app, again like above this will take time to implement.

Fixes,

1. There is an issue with the last asked date filtering out older points when it should not, this is now fixed.
2. There is an issue with rebuild postcodes where it will crash is certain situations, this is now fixed.
3. There is an issue with the advanced option being switched off when filtering in the all points list, this is now fixed.
4. Resolved a schedule crashing bug.
5. Resolved an off by 1 error on the view bike list screen, where you press on one point and it selects the point either below or above it.
6. P2P switch has been removed from the revision screens.
7. Radius maps are defined on the visual pointing screen, so you can see their boundaries.
8. The way the point pins is delivered has been completely re-written to make it much more reliable and effecient.
9. IOS screen rendering bug has been fixed.
10. Notes are now added to the print sheet screen.
11. Selecting category when adding to the bike list now works.
12. A bug with saving a single point has been fixed that would leave a transaction open.
13. When creating a bike list from multiple bike lists the radius map numbers are now added to the titles.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

12/04/2015 2:02 pm  #2

Re: WizAnn Points 4.0.1

Hi Alex
Having few problems with point app for some reason it will not open ,I press to open it , it try's to open and just closes again , when I double tap home button the point I last revised is there but frozen then after 10 seconds or so it also disappears I cannot get into app ,secondly when I go into maintenance to tidy up app this is also not work I've left it over night to clean and still trying it tidy up I then have to clos app and reopen for it to work again
Any advise to repair would be great as up on Tuesday & cannot revise
Thanks paul

12/05/2015 1:00 pm  #3

Hi Alex
How do we now switch database between devices

12/05/2015 5:34 pm  #4

App not opening, make sure it is not already open double press the home button close both wizann apps and then try to open it again.

Switching databases, you must login on both devices with the same login, then do a backup by going into the login / db admin screen then do a backup on the other device, login screen / db admin / restore, pick the other device find the backup and restore it.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

12/06/2015 7:19 am  #5

how do you create a login alex

12/06/2015 9:08 am  #6

I have updated to the latest version on my phone but now the app will not open. After tapping the app the 'logo' page appears for about 5 seconds then just closes. When I double click I find a page from an old daily sheet has been opened but it is like a screenshot as I can't do anything with it. None of the command buttons work and it cannot be scrolled, resized etc. Going to try to uninstall/install later and see if anything changes.
ATB
Rob

12/06/2015 1:39 pm  #7

I,m having the same problem as Robbolufc and BigDog, I,m on an ipad, done what you said on your sat 5.34pm post. still unable to open app, HELP PLEASE

12/06/2015 7:18 pm  #8

hi alex 

ok on my iPhone it shows both the phone and the iPad but on the ipdad it shows nothing under devices just completely blank same when i select restore database 

12/06/2015 7:52 pm  #9

For the issue of the app closing I can only fix this if I get my hands on one of the devices, there is 3 of you out of 1,500 people where this is happening, so it is not a widespread problem but isolated to a few devices, it is impossible to work out remotely.

I will be at wizann from 4pm to 6:30pm tomorrow (monday).

Dutchpaul,

Make sure your logging into both devices with the same account they should both listed on both devices.

All the best
Alex

12/06/2015 9:08 pm  #10

am logged in on both shows both on the phone but none on the iPad ...

12/06/2015 9:15 pm  #11

also the auto login doesn't appear to be working on the iPad either ...

12/07/2015 2:14 pm  #12

unfortunately going from bad to worse, went to change password and get sent one from 'you' so can't now have own password and when i am signed into both it lists no devices at all.....

12/08/2015 7:07 am  #13

Dutchpaul, I need to re-work that part of the system, currently my focus is on the crashing issue that some of the others are having as they are unable to use the app at all.

To the guys having the crashing issue, I need you to email me your database with a quick note of why you are emailing it to me.http://tinyurl.com/od67444
 I know what the issue is, it is basically a timeout of a process that is causing the problem I am fixing this properly in the next version but I can fix your individual databases whilst we wait for the new version to be ready on the app store.

All the best
Alex

12/30/2015 9:55 am  #14

Hi

I just tried backing up my database with this new method.
Where does the backup file go?
Also I did backup by email and it produced an email like an error report to you. Does that mean it didn't work? Is it meant to attach the database to an email as an attachment?

thanks!

12/30/2015 10:05 am  #15

Backups are saved on one of my servers, so they are not local to you.

The backup by email option just gives the name of the backup file, so for example if you needed me to look at a specific file I can then use that information to work out the actual backup name.

All the best
Alex

12/30/2015 10:09 am  #16

Hi Alex

that sounds perfect.

thanks for the quick reply
Jan

1/19/2016 11:40 am  #17

Hello the points app on my IPad will not open but works fine on the iPhone.. I just get the start screen the Wizann Logo and then closes. Any help appreciated.

1/21/2016 5:00 pm  #18

With regards to point
7. Radius maps are defined on the visual pointing screen, so you can see their boundaries.
How can i see the radius circle with points displayed on the map within the app
Thanks

1/21/2016 5:02 pm  #19

Do you know when the slow spoken question audio will be fixed? Thanks. 

2/03/2016 10:24 am  #20

redmjm15, what version of the app are you running, make sure it is 4.0.3.

Stew, on the live pointing screen hit the scroll button you should then see a radius maps box type in the radius map numbers separated with a , this then draws the boundary on the map.

Spoken should be fixed in 4.0.3 but I am going to change it so it is user configurable in the next version.

All the best
Alex

Board footera