WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 10:26 am  #1

Suggestions for Future Versions

Hi Alex

I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic in which we can make suggestions for future versions of the points app.

I'd throw in 2 for consideration.
1). Already mentioned, could there be a way to add new categories that seem to be missing or could be helpful, e.g. Cinemas
2). I often know where a point is, but I'd still like to point it. When I'm revising points and I get it right, I'd like the app not to mark it as pointed, only that the last answer was correct.

Thanks
Jan

5/01/2015 11:47 am  #2

Re: Suggestions for Future Versions

1. I can change, it won't be in the next version

2. This is a fundimental change and changes the meaning of how the app works, mark them as sticky if you are revising them and have not pointed them, the principle of don't know=not pointed and correct=pointed is one of the core functions of the app. Sticky deals with that issue as it does not change the state.

atb

alex

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

5/05/2015 9:28 am  #3

Hi Alex,

Could a counter be included in the app?  So you can see how many points you have answered that day?

Thanks,
Marshy

5/07/2015 4:42 am  #4

Marshy, this is something I want to get into the next version, because you can answer questions from many sources e.g. daily/weekly, random, stickies etc, it makes sense to total all the points revised in that day, I will try to get this into the next version.

atb

alex

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

5/07/2015 1:22 pm  #5

Thanks Alex,

I think I've worked out the best way to go through all my points now anyway using the 'Build all pointed points list' (What an excellent feature!) That seems to keep tabs on how many of my overall points I've revised and I can rebuild it again once I've gone through it.  I was wondering, how does it select the order of the points when putting them into this list?

Many Thanks,

marshy

5/07/2015 5:43 pm  #6

Hi Marshy,

The order is set to what is set in settings, so you can change this, but don't change it once you are working your way through the set, in the next version it brings the points through in blocks because this uses a lot less memory and is a lot quicker, currently the app loads all the remaining points into the revision screen which is quite slow.

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

10/19/2015 4:25 pm  #7

A few ideas to improve the Sheets page...

1.Please can the timer be frozen in position so it can be more easily used without having to scroll back and forth to it from the run, which may be many pages down?

2. Can the run number be shown?

3. Can the number of times that run has been asked be shown?

4. Rather than just called ok and called badly, could we put a score in between 0 and 10?

Thanks!
Jan

10/20/2015 10:40 am  #8

1. Fixing the timer to the top I tried to do without success, its one of those stupid things that should be simple to do but is not with the way the screen layouts are done, you cannot have fixed headers or footers without a complete re-designed of the way the pages work, I know it sounds stupid but it is a massive amount of work.

2. The run number can be shown but we descided to keep the screen as clean as possible, so I have added this to the information button in the next version of the app rather than display it on the main screen because the screen gets too cluttered otherwise. This may not mirror the question numbers on the pdf sheet as in both cases these are created dynamically so no where are they stored in the app or in the wizann database.

3. We thought about scores 1-10, it gets too complicated for most people, we even tried "Called ok", "Called badly", "Called really badly" and it became too confusing, because not only do you have to add them to all the menu (pushing other options down) but then every screen needs to have a filter too.

The sheets design took months of work to get it where it is to where it is today, a lot of people opinions were taken into consideration when the design was done and I am acused of making the screens too complex, so I have to keep things as clean as possible on the main screens.

All the best
Alex

10/27/2015 9:18 am  #9

Hi Alex

Thanks for the well reasoned and reasonable answers. I'm actually really happy with the Sheets page.

Another quick question... Every time I switch off radius mode it comes back on when I start the app next time. Is there a way to make this a lasting preference?

Thanks for all your excellent work on these apps!
Jan

10/27/2015 9:41 am  #10

Hi Jan,

thanks for the response, I will have a look at the radius switching back on issue, is this in settings, I just gave it a good and it persisted, it might be a couple of things, firstly "Verify database" in maintenance might fix an underlying database issue, the other thing is it could be an open transaction you can see this on the maintenance page.

So what your trying to do is switch off radius mode and for it to persist between app closing and then being opened again?

I have spotted one issue with the code that might be causing that issue, I will run some tests on it, thanks for reporting it.

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

Board footera