WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2015 5:28 pm  #1

Version 3.0.12 hanging bug [IMPORTANT]

I have found the issue, but it will be a good few days before it will be released by Apple on the app store, so here is the issue and a workaround.

For all revision sets that don't have scheduling attached to them (most of the sets, like radius maps, postcodes, categories, some bike lists, some custom lists don't have schedules so all are affected). The issue is the scheduler leaves an open transaction on the database, what its meant to do is open a transaction, do a bunch of work, then either commit or rollback the transaction, what the end result is, is that everything that happens after that point does not get written to the device but is left in memory until the app is closed then you lose all your work that happened since the revision set was revised.

The workaround is that in the maintenance screen near the bottom of the screen is a "Commit transaction" button press this, it will commit any open transactions and the app should continue to work, unfortunatly this has to be done after every revision until the new build is released by Apple.

For once this is not Apple's issue but an oversight on my part when coding the scheduling function recently, so please accept my appology for this issue.

ATB

Alex

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

9/18/2015 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Version 3.0.12 hanging bug [IMPORTANT]

Alex, 

what dose this mean for my scheduled bick list,s? I have updated to the new ISO9, and the new version 3.0.12   evert time I print a new bike list I schedule it, then they come up every 4 hours but don.t move on to the next phase, In bike list,s I press schedule and this is how it looks :1 hour No
4 hour No
4 hour No
1 day No 
1 day No 
1 day No
4 days No 
1 week No 
1 week No 
2 weeks No 
4 weeks No 
6 weeks No 
8 weeks Yes

is this how it should be set?   

9/18/2015 6:28 pm  #3

Alex, 

what dose this mean for my scheduled bick list,s? I have updated to the new ISO9, and the new version 3.0.12   evert time I print a new bike list I schedule it, then they come up every 4 hours but don.t move on to the next phase, In bike list,s I press schedule and this is how it looks :1 hour No
4 hour No
4 hour No
1 day No 
1 day No 
1 day No
4 days No 
1 week No 
1 week No 
2 weeks No 
4 weeks No 
6 weeks No 
8 weeks Yes

is this how it should be set?   

9/18/2015 7:07 pm  #4

You need to update to the latest version which is 3.0.18, this issue is fixed in that version.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

Board footera