WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2015 9:05 pm  #1

Help with new app Please Aaaaaaaah

i want to open a radius thats not been pointed in the map view so i can go and point from that also mark off when ive pointed the point so that it will remember whats the best way as its driving me mad i thought this way the points would be updating all the time ?
thanks

8/08/2015 6:49 am  #2

Re: Help with new app Please Aaaaaaaah

Firstly the points will in time update all the time but my workload at the moment means this is way down my list of priorties, getting everyone up and running is my main priority right now, in a couple of weeks I hope to be on top of the points but not yet.

Radius maps and the visual pointing whilst they work together don't really align perfectly, radius maps contain you in an area, visual pointing does the reverse, an example is where you have a point on the egde of one radius map, you cannot see a point on an adjacent radius map, visual pointing will show you that point. I don't like the idea of clearing down radius maps, IMHO going into an area loads improves retention, so radius maps are a guide to where to go.

The key thing is bike lists, regardless of if you are pointing by radius map or not, this is a single contained list of points that you collected on that day, regardless of what radius map the points sit on, these will update the radius maps with what is pointed so you can if you wish revise by radius map if that is what you want to do.

Visual pointing we designed to work in the following way, go to the map overview screen, see where you have points to pick up, the purple postcode is the postcode with the highest times asked point that you have not pointed so that may be a good area to go to, your choice. Put the device on your bike or in the car, create a blank bike list, view the bike list, then add points, it will use the map to show you the points on route, pick up the ones that interest you, these can be filtered by times asked (removing the smaller points), version 3.0.11 will allow you also to filter by last asked so for example the map can only show you points that have been asked in the last month. It is important to understand that the map has a complex filter so that it only shows points within a given radius otherwise it would be really slow, in 3.0.11 this is cusomisable, currently it is fixed to 300 meters, so if you sat in the middle of a radius map it will show most if not all of the points for that radius map.

A key change in thinking is this, prior to this version the idea was plan your pointing, build a list with the points you want to go to find, go and find those points, ticking them off as you find them, with the new system, I am trying to remove the need for the planning other than basic areas to go into, cutting down on the admin is key, the idea now is basic area, e.g. I want to go to marylebone, then up to camden, the app tells you what is not pointed, you add when you have found the point, so your bike list ends up being a list of points you have actually found not what you planned to find.

You can switch off the visual pointing and go back to planning your work by radius map if you so wish.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

Board footera