WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2015 10:50 am  #1

Tips and Tricks for the version 3.x.x of the points app

Version 3.x.x of the app has a lot of changes I will list here all the big ones.

1. The old versions of the app used double tapping to select radius maps and other revision sets, now press and hold with two fingers for 1 second to select/deselect a revision set.

2. The new app uses mapping extensively throughout, when you update from a previous version the pins data is not included in the app, this is a seperate product from WizAnn, collecting and refining the pins data is an ongoing process and the cost is to cover that work. If you install the app for the first time and it is a version 3.x.x version, then for the sample data you will have pins for those points but for subsequent points the pins data will not be there until the data is purchased.

3. There is two modes of map revision, the first is when you press the answer the map is displayed with the location of the point on the map, the second mode is to show a blank map that has the approx location, it is for you to decide where the point is by pressing on the map it will then show where you have pressed and the correct location.

Options in settings
Answer is map On/Off this gets switched on when you install the pins, you can switch it off if you prefer the text notes only, this is switchable in the revision screen by pressing notes/map as well per point.
Guess pin On/Off with this on you have to press on the screen to decide where the point is, off and it will display the point.

4. When plotting points you must have the map fully zoomed to make sure that the pin is in the correct location. If you believe a point is in the wrong place, choose the correct location, on the top menu bar next to the save button is a button that looks like an edit button, this will send me an email with the coordinates of where you believe the point is, I will check this and if your correct I will update the database with the correct location, once purchased the pins are updatable for free, so all new points and any changes will be added to your database without having to purchase anything else.

I will certainly have some pins in the wrong place, over time this data will become cleaner and cleaner, so I welcome any emails that have improvements in the accuracy of the pins.

Pins data means that we have the proper geolocations for all the points, this improvement is massive, it means accuracy of a number of the functions is greatly improved, things like question generation is more precise, visual pointing is much better, revision is better, you can track your bad areas visually now.

5. Daily sheets, these are now embedded into the app, the early sheet still has a problem that I need to fix this is not an app issue but how the data is generated, I will fix this very soon. Daily sheets into the app is a big change, allowing you to see all the questions, filter them, switch the order say if your on 21's to reverse, you can see the status of every point on the sheet, pointed, sticky, not pointed, restrictions, not plotted. There is a timer so you can do say 15 minutes calling then swap, the 15 minutes is customisable in settings, look for Timer minutes in settings.

Also you mark your questions as "Called ok", "Called badly", "Penned question(s)", "Flag question(s)" all these options can be done on either an individual question or all the questions selected, by double press and hold each question. Edit start point, Edit end point both take you to the edit screens for the relevent point, View start point on map, View end point on map takes you to the revevent point on the map showing that point, Point to point map shows both the start and the end with a line between the two, whilst it is very basic you can press say on a bridge with the line and it will break the line into two.

Advanced off the sheets menu allows for detailed filtering of questions, so you can filter on "Called badly", "Saved" (Saved is where all the generated questions go), Student level (so for example 21's), Examiner, Date, so filters like

Called bady, 21's, Mr Thomas, in the last month is a valid query.

The app will track how many times you have called each question too, and you can order by that, pressing on the blue bar cycles through all the different sort orders in the questions.

Also once the app has been in use for a while, producing revision sets of say all the points that Mr Harvey has asked on 21's is now possible.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

8/03/2015 9:11 am  #2

Re: Tips and Tricks for the version 3.x.x of the points app

Hi Alex,
Since the update I cant seem to create a bike list, any ideas? When I create and save a new bike list it doesn't appear in the list with the old ones and therefore I can't add any points.
Thanks

8/03/2015 12:26 pm  #3

Can you make sure your running 3.0.9. you can see this in maintence, once you are running that version press on "Verify database" in the maintence screen.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

8/03/2015 12:47 pm  #4

It started randomly working just after I posted the issue.

Any ideas if it's safe to upgrade to IOS 8.4 yet? as I'm still running 7.1.2!

Thanks

8/03/2015 1:17 pm  #5

Yes upgrading is fine mate

All the best
Alex

4/29/2020 5:33 am  #6

Points revision was the service that has forums to get through the alternate plans on it they have some forum to read. You need to pick the data that have essay services reviews this needs to take parties that will able to work or have to take along these parts.

12/03/2020 5:45 am  #7

fgnfgn

12/03/2020 5:45 am  #8

dfbfdbf

12/03/2020 5:45 am  #9

mhmgmgmgm

12/03/2020 5:46 am  #10

dfbfb

12/03/2020 5:46 am  #11

thanks

4/15/2021 6:19 am  #12

We are experts in the field of app development based in Toronto. Thanks to our experience of seven years, we are well-versed in developing both iOS and Android apps. We also provide support for the WizAnnApp. Hence, do not hesitate to contact us.

4/19/2021 1:30 pm  #13

Installation of indoor navigation system in medium and large buildings is becoming more and more popular. And this is an opportunity to develop for those businesses who are looking for new market niches to make a profit.

10/25/2021 7:38 am  #14

nice post

Board footera