WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2015 8:02 am  #1

Pinning your own points

So for points that don't have pin locations already, this is what you need to do, most screens have a "View point on map" option on the menu when selecting the point, it is near the bottom of the menu, so for example, go into a weekly sheet, view the points this gives you the whole list of points, colouration is key, if the times asked box has a yellow background it means there is a pin for this point, if the box background is black then there is no pin information.

You can filter the list to show just the points that don't have pin information, click on the action button top right, goto "Filter options", the switch you need is "Hide located" switch this on this will filter out all the points with pin information, press save top left, go back to action button top right and select "Apply filter" the list now is only points without pin information.

Press on each point one at a time, on the menu select "View point on map" this will take you to the approximate location, it does not always get this right, sometimes it will throw you over into the USA this happens about 1% of the time, just scroll round the map until you find the right place.

VERY IMPORTANT, when placing the pin the map must be on full zoom, if it is not the pin location will not be correct, so zoom in as far as you can with your fingers draging the zoom in (two fingers pulling apart on the screen), press on the location for the point for 0.5 second and then release, it will drop a pin there, you can drag the pin around for better placement, I have plotted about 14,000+ points so know what is best, drop the point off the side of the road, approx 20-30 feet in real terms, the reason for this is that Apple keep on moving the roads slightly, this is because the Apple cars are now plotting properly the roads, so if you place a pin too close to the road edge then it might end up in the road with map changes in the future. Don't place the pin too far off the road, as this can be confusing. 

Scrolling down the screen you have some options, 

Approx location, this means you don't know exactly where the point is, so the position is approximate, the pin will be in purple, when you point the point using the visual pointing system the pins approx location is switched off because the app believes you know exactly where it is now.

Restriction, this is to mark the point as SDOL/LOL only ect, it is just to help you in the future when revising.

Not found, you did not find the point, this point will be added to the not found report.

User locked, this is important, if you don't lock your points then when pin updates come through the locations will change if I have made changes.

Please if you do plot pins, can you do the following, next to the save button is an note icon, press it it creates an email to me with what you have plotted, this then goes into the master database, this is also usfull if you belive I have a pin in the wrong place, you can view the point on the map, move the pin then send me a note of where it is.

Once finished just press save top left.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

Board footera