WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2015 10:20 pm  #1

Point to point feature in the new points app

Firstly for this to work it needs the pins data from WizAnn.

Once the pins are loaded this is how the point to point feature works, it gets the start point, it creates a radius of around 300m around the point, it lists internally all those points that are pointed, it discards the non pointed points, it prioritises sticky points first, so if there are any in the 300m radius they are picked first, if there are non it looks for complex points next, if there are non is just looks for pointed points to make a question.

Only now that I see the app in use can I see there is some issues with this, especially with people new to pointing, of course you will have a low count of pointed points, let alone sticky and complex, so I have allowed the radius to be customised in the 3.0.12 release of the app, in the future it will be dynamic basically the more pointed points you have the tighter the radius, but for the moment it is customisable until I work out a good pattern for being dynamic

Point to point questions can be generated from any screen that has a Q button at the top of the screen like the revision screen, all these questions go into sheets/advanced under the saved filter.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

8/06/2015 1:03 pm  #2

Re: Point to point feature in the new points app

When will the pins data be available to purchase please?
ATB
Rob

Last edited by BigDog (8/06/2015 1:04 pm)

8/06/2015 5:59 pm  #3

Re: Point to point feature in the new points app

They are available on the wizann site now.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

Board footera