WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2015 8:49 pm  #1

P2P on app

Hi Alex,

I have a question on how the P2P actually works within the app.
Just say I had just started and went out and did radius map 1. When i get home it will ask me questions 2 and from the points in that map. If i then went out again the next day and did map 2 it would ask me question to and from all the maps in map 2. 
Is it a case of once i have answered correctly many times it will start the merge the points from the 2 maps?

The reason I ask that i have completed 52 maps so far. Some points were as north as Euston Road and others as south as Southward bridge but the app will only throw questions at my for points that are a stones throw from each other. 

Any advice?

TIA

7/21/2015 5:37 am  #2

Re: P2P on app

Point to point, needs to be understood for what it is, it is getting you from one point to another, when doing point to point you learn 2 main things:-

1. You learn how to set/leave a point, with enough point to point the idea of note taking goes out of the window, I don't believe in notes at all because all you really need to do is point to point, so the app is designed not to take you from one point in say SW15 to a point in N19, this is what the daily sheet does it teaches you the directions across the map. The app is designed to teach you the ins/outs of specific points, you don't need to go across the map to learn the 3/4 roads around a point so very short runs is perfect for this. The next version of the app which is in development takes this a step further it uses longitude and latitude positions of the points to create mini radius's around a point, this makes the point to point questions harder but more rewarding in terms of what you actually learn.

2. You learn direction, the current version does have a feature where you can put in two postcodes and it will randomly pick two points one in each of the postcodes and generate a question, IMHO I don't like this feature and I am looking for ways to improve it in the next version.

Let the daily sheets, teach you direction, let the app teach you ins/outs.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

7/21/2015 5:56 am  #3

Alex wrote:

Let the daily sheets, teach you direction, let the app teach you ins/outs.

thats what i needed to know. Cheers mate.

Just one more thing. How many times will the app ask me to get into and out of a point before it never asks me again?

Last edited by panicproject (7/21/2015 6:27 am)

7/21/2015 9:34 pm  #4

It will keep on asking in the new system because you will trigger it, e.g. you will on a point revising it and say not happy with this point it will generate a question with that point in it, in the current system it uses an calcluation based on a number of factors to work out what to ask but it is not very targetted, so that is why I have changed it to on demand in the next version.

atb

alex

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

6/30/2023 1:27 am  #5

great

Board footera