WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2015 1:12 pm  #1

Books app not opening

Hi Alex for some reason when I press the wiz books icon the screen goes black and goes straight back to the home page. Was working fine on Friday the points app is fine I'm using I pad. Any ideas mate? Cheers

Last edited by 1deano1 (11/15/2015 1:13 pm)

11/15/2015 2:05 pm  #2

Re: Books app not opening

Make sure the app is not already open double press the home button and clear any versions in memory and try again.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

11/15/2015 2:30 pm  #3

Tried that mate no joy. Thanks for the reply

11/15/2015 7:44 pm  #4

The books app seems to be much more sensitive to IOS upgrades, not sure why but have you upgraded the IOS version?, another thing to try is close the app, using iTunes copy off the wizannbooks.wbd file onto a pc/mac and then delete the file off the device and try to run the app again, does it work, if it does it will have the default runs, then try to copy the database back onto the device.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

11/17/2015 4:25 pm  #5

Hi Alex thanks for the reply but it seems one of my daughters has put my iPad on ios9. Well pi**ed off as it appears you can no longer back up any apps on ios9. We backed the iPad up to I tunes but cannot view any apps really don't know what to do now hope you can think of something at least it was the books and not the points. Thanks again mate.

11/19/2015 6:41 am  #6

Hi,

IOS9 is terrible for upgrading to, I always recommend manually copying the databases before using iTunes, but of course you don't have that luxury, delete the app completely reinstall from the app store (you don't need to buy it again, it will be listed as a purchased product). The unfortunately you need all the books reinstalling so email me a list of the books you have purchased and I will send them over to you.

my email address is alexwhite68@gmail.com, sorry you have lost your data, this is such a significant issue that I have written my own backup and restore function from scratch in the next versions of both apps as the Apple upgrade process is flawed to say the least.

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

Board footera