WizAnnApp

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2015 6:02 am  #1

WizAnn Points App 3.0.15 (Released by Apple to the App store)

Fixes,

1. Bike list crashes.
2. Radius map corruption issue.
3. Point edit, whilst revising issue,
4. Side of the road showing in the answer when not needed.
5. Refresh of the Map overview screen when the times asked figure is changed is greatly improved.

New

1. Last Asked is now a filter on the all points list.
2. Last Asked is now a selectable order on the all points list.
3. WizAnn can now send important messages through to the students using the app, so issues can be known about much quicker.
4. A webpage for the specific version of the app is now created before release and is embedded into the app.

Last edited by Alex (8/29/2015 4:50 am)

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

11/05/2015 7:14 pm  #2

Re: WizAnn Points App 3.0.15 (Released by Apple to the App store)

hi quick question re the pinning pack, I have original wiz points app so ......
if i purchase the pinning pack will it automatically pin the points that i have already set to pinned in the points app?
and will i be able to compile bike lists etc straight from there rather than manually pinning etc ??

Cheers

11/05/2015 7:22 pm  #3

pinning and pins are not related so pins don't change pinned flag, bike lists can be build purely whilst out on the road if you want e.g. visual pointing.

Feel free to post enhancement requests for the apps, always looking for new ideas.

All the best
Alex

11/05/2015 8:40 pm  #4

Ok a little lost to the pro's of the pinning pack then Alex

11/06/2015 4:54 pm  #5

Pinning in the traditional sense was the act of pinning bits of paper to the map of the approximate location of a point on the map, pins as in the pins for the app is an electronic version of that process, so the longitude and latitude of over 15,000 points has been plotted so you don't have to plot them. This means things like live pointing now works on proximity rather than road name, it will show you points on adjacent roads not just the road your on.

All the best
Alex

11/06/2015 6:18 pm  #6

yes I get all that but then with the traditional way I will then just remove the piece of paper and create a pointing list say from se1 to n2 and back to put on the bike 
how is that done with the app? if it is even possible? only a friend who has it doesn't seem sure it is possible either seems maybe just an area say sw1 and a certain radius around

11/07/2015 11:21 am  #7

basically the app removes all the paper, it removes all the pre-planning if you want, you can plan your bike work by building a bike list beforehand of specific points, but what the app does as well is live pointing, here are the steps.

1. Create a blank bike list, view the bike list, then press on "Add Points Live"
2. The map screen appears with your location, this is where the pins pack comes into play, the app works out where the nearest pins that meet your criteria are, it draws a line between you and that point, you can then once outside that point, touch one button on the screen that adds that point to the bike list then points you to the next nearest point.

So what happens is no pre-planning but a live bike list is built whilst you are out, its up to you now how much preparation work you do before going out, old school pinning required all the work up front, this way none or very little is required.

Your friend with the pins should go into the knowledge area and go into "Add Points Live" this will show him/her the map of pins.

All the best
Alex

11/11/2015 5:45 pm  #8

right I get that but that would mean taking the ipad out with me on the bike and at each point going through that scenario
looking at that 'add point live' that would work and I could use that to plan ahead and print but then I hit another issue
for example I know in 'all points' it shows me I have 17 places unpointed in w1 yet when I look via the pinning area it shows only 3 points..... that is a huge difference (considering I have only just bought the pinning pack) and when I go into load etc hit pins ( to see if updates) all it says is not connected to server
I was hoping this would remove the physical pinning and I could pre plan with the app and print a bike sheet ( in theory I have worked out it is possible) but the discrepancy between number of points is too big

11/11/2015 7:14 pm  #9

You only have to create the bike list once, go into it, then 'Add point live' from that point it is a single button press for each point to be added it really is that simple, you cannot use 'add point live' for pre-planning it is live only, for pre-planning you use the option 'add points' above the 'add point live' button they are distinctly different options doing two completely different tasks that create the same outcome in the e.g. they add points to a bike list.

There is always differences between the point counts, the only time they would be the same is if you had my database with 18,000+ points in it, this is for the following reason.

Points and pins are two different things, pins are layered on top of points, so for example if you have 5,000 points in your database, when the pins are installed it looks at what points you have and only adds pins to the points you have so if your 5,000 are the same as the points in my database you would get 5,000 pins, but this is very very unlikely, you only have to install a daily sheet that I don't and differences occur, what I can say is I have worked down to 20 times asked and a bunch of other points for the pins where the differences occur is the lower times asked points these will eventually be done by me, but I have not timescales for this as I am completely snowed under with other work on the apps.

If you want to plan your points by map before going out then manual pinning is still required, there is no plan to change this as my overriding thing is live pointing is exactly what it is live, I personally don't like pre-planning, but if you want to do this you can add points with the add points feature but this will not display a map.

The server is being reworked at the moment, there is two elements to this, a complete rework of the code which is still in progress, but also the server needs to be upgraded in terms of its hardware and a second server needs to be put in place because code changes require downing the server each time which essentially takes the server offline each time, given that I have over 1,000 users downtime is a significant problem which is why I need two servers, this is now quite a complex setup that will not be ready very soon unfortunately due to the volume of work required.

So in essence, if you want to plan ahead live pointing does not do what you expect.

All the best
Alex

11/15/2015 12:44 pm  #10

Hi Alex I've just gone to call some runs on books app and when I press the wizann icon the screen goes black and goes straight back to homepage again points app working fine,I'm using I pad. Any ideas mate? Cheers

11/15/2015 1:03 pm  #11

hi alex
i totally get where you are going with the app but ultimately that process will require people taking ipads out with them, fixing them to knowledge boards possibly hoping no one nicks them parked at lights or side of roads of people stopping removing ipads from top boxes etc and opening.... ( I am guessing most people revise through ipads rather than iphones although if there was a quick and easy way to sync all work between phones and pads...) also when you look at the discrepancy between points and there are points coming out on the sheets unplotted then it probably isn't wise to solely rely on this add points live scenario
unfortunately it seems I will have to remain with the traditional way

atb mate and thanks for taking the time to explain everything   

11/15/2015 2:29 pm  #12

Hi Paul,

An iPad or an iPhone out on the road is essential for the process to work, the whole process was designed around an iPhone 4, that is what I used on the road for more than 6 months, I agree with the issue of security can't say I would be comfortable with an iPad on my k-board, but many do this without issue.

Un-plotted points is an issue, one that will not be resolved in the short term, unfortunately the plan was to have the pins auto update via one of my servers, this just has not panned out due to sheer workload on the points app, an issue arose on IOS9 which has required a complete redesign of the app in the way that data is imported, this is no small change it has required me ripping out loads of work that has worked for years but does not work well on IOS9, I am about half way through this work (been doing it for two months already) so has really set me back on my plans, I am gutted because this is slowing the progress of a bunch of projects now and it is all down to Apple changing things under the hood, but I have no control over this and have to live with it, but it does mean all the ideas and functions that I want the app to have are seriously delayed, pins updates being one of them. Pins is at top of my list of things to get fully working as I have other things I want to do with the pins data, but cannot start on that until I get the next version of the app onto the app store.

Apple in their wisdom changed the main testing system (TestFlight) when IOS8 was released, before then it was owned by another company but Apple purchased it, at that point in time I had up to 30 Knowledge students as testers, with the changed Apple did to the product this meant I could not use all those testers anymore, so my testing of everything has gone from 30+ to just me, so you can imagine how much slower things are, I have complained to Apple but that fell on deaf ears.

Android users are the worst off as I cannot even start on their versions of the apps until this workload decreases.

Most people do a hybrid of pre-planning and live pointing together, this seems to cover all angles quite well.

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

11/24/2015 5:26 pm  #13

right Alex
i really want to try  and give it all a go seeing as i bought it 
how do we go about transferring the pinning pack from iPad to iPhone?? iPhone easier to carry out on the bike 
also once i have done that i can copy all my points data from the iPad to iPhone but will save that one for a later date
so basically can we deauthorise my iPad and install the pinning pack on my iPhone please?

11/25/2015 5:13 pm  #14

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear it, give me a couple of days I am working on getting the next build onto the app store then I can focus on things like this.

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

11/25/2015 5:46 pm  #15

alex 

dean has sorted so now have pinning pack on phone instead and when i get a chance i will copy all wizpoints data from pad to phone but i guess first time i think i need code etc 
but once i am ready i will drop you a line 

cheers mate 

11/27/2015 3:45 pm  #16

Cool just email me directly if you need a code alexwhite68@gmail.com

atb

alex

All the best
Alex

3/04/2020 7:43 am  #17

It’s an app that gives more awareness and information about each and every aspect. Henceforth you can have domywriting that has more ways to deal with all the information.

Last edited by PoppyHeagney (3/04/2020 7:43 am)

3/16/2020 5:46 am  #18

good boy

3/16/2020 5:47 am  #19

nice post

3/16/2020 5:49 am  #20

cscsdvd devdvg

Board footera